Tadelakt - Moroccan Lime Plaster
Tadelakt - Austin, TX
House+Earth is proud to introduce tadelakt to (most of) Austin and Central Texas. Tadelakt is a slightly hydraulic lime plaster that has been around for centuries and originated in the Marrakesh region of Morocco. Characteristics of this plaster include high durablility and water-resistance - but is breathable - perfect for wet applications like showers, steam rooms and exterior uses. The plaster is applied to the substrate, and polished, then sealed with black soap or a wax. Black soap is a traditional natural sealer, consisting of olive oil, ash, and mineral salts. Sealing with a natural wax is another option of sealing the plaster. Aesthetically, Tadelakt can provide a smooth appearance deep, rich tones and a subtle shine.
But tadelakt is just one of several plasters offered by manufacturer, Stucco Italiano. Unlike the commonly-used synthetic (fake) plasters that are readily available, Stucco Italiano has a full line of authentic old-world plasters.
- Intonachino - Exterior or interior application, slightly rough texture with different aggregate options. Slight color variation throughout.
- Marmorino Classic - Smooth texture capable of providing extreme depth of color and can be polished to a high sheen. Conventional slaked lime & marble dust - aka "real" Venetian Plaster.
- Marmorino Carrara - Soft texture, with a smooth finish like that of marble; providing gentle colors and subdued shading.
- Marmorino Coarse - Lower sheen and larger aggregate than Carrara, this traditional plaster is based on plasters used in the historical villas found in the Veneto region of Italy.
- Marmorino Velvet - Resists cracking due to the high amount of cellulose micro-fibers, this plaster provides a slightly rough, flat, opaque finish that is soft to the touch.
- Floor Marmorino - Lime, cement, quartz sand, marble, and epoxy resin, Floor Marmorino can provide continuity in sheen and color and is a natural option that is suitable for any area.
- Tadelakt - Ages old Moroccan wall finish - suitable for wet applications: exteriors, steam rooms and showers. Very durable, water repellent, yet breathable. A hydraulic blend of natural limes, clays, and aggregates.
House+Earth is proud to be the exclusive distributor of these authentic traditional lime plasters in Texas - let alone Austin, TX....